Any software that is made available to download from the Sites or Services (“Software”) is the copyrighted work of AASHTO and/or its suppliers. Use of the Software is governed by the terms of the license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is included with the Software. Any use, reproduction or redistribution of the Software not in accordance with the applicable license agreement is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in civil or criminal penalties.
THE SOFTWARE IS WARRANTED, IF AT ALL, ONLY ACCORDING TO THE TERMS OF THE APPLICABLE LICENSE AGREEMENT. EXCEPT AS WARRANTED IN THE LICENSE AGREEMENT, INFO TECH HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, AASHTO MAY MAKE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITES OR SERVICES PATCHES, TOOLS OR UTILITIES FOR USE AND/OR DOWNLOAD. AASHTO DOES NOT MAKE ANY ASSURANCES WITH REGARD TO THE ACCURACY OF THE RESULTS OR OUTPUT THAT DERIVES FROM SUCH USE OF THE PATCHES, TOOLS OR UTILITIES.
Permission to use documents, such as help topics, white papers, datasheets and FAQs (“Documents”) that are made available through the Sites or Services is granted, provided that (1) the copyright notice which exists on the document appears in all copies, (2) use of the Documents is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast on any media, and (3) no modifications of the Documents are made. Use for any other purpose, unless permission is otherwise granted by the Document copyright owner, is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in civil or criminal penalties.
Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of the Sites or Services. Elements of the design or layout of the Sites or Services are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, copyright, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from the Sites or Services may be copied or transmitted unless expressly permitted by AASHTO.
AASHTO AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE DOCUMENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. AASHTO AND ITS SUPPLIERS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITION WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Acceptable Use Policy
The goal of AASHTO is to provide high quality services to the customers. AASHTO reserves the right, in AASHTO’s sole and exclusive discretion, to remove any content for any reason, including but not limited to, reasons listed in this Acceptable Use Policy. The Acceptable Use Policy below defines the actions relating to the content provided through the Sites which AASHTO considers to be inappropriate and thus prohibited. The examples named in this list are in addition to the types of content identified in any other applicable agreement, are non-exclusive and are provided solely for your guidance. If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please send an email in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org and AASHTO will assist you.
Actions which AASHTO considers inappropriate include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Using the Sites or Services to post any content of the nature set forth in 47
U.S.C. Section 230(c)(2)(A) (i.e., material that is obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable);
● Using the Sites or Services to post any content that advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence against any governments, organizations, groups or individuals or which provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence;
● Using the Sites or Services to post any content that holds AASHTO (including its affiliates), employees or shareholders or any other person or entity up to public scorn or ridicule;
● Using the Sites or Services to post any content that violates any copyrights, patents, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights of others;
● Failing to obtain all required permissions when using the Sites or Services to receive, upload, download, display, distribute, or execute programs or perform other works protected by intellectual property laws including copyright and patent laws;
● Deleting or altering author attributes or copyright notices, unless expressly permitted in writing by the author or owner;
● Using the Sites or Services in a tortious manner, including the posting of libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing or private information without the permission of the person(s) involved, or posting content that is likely to cause emotional distress;
● Introducing viruses, worms, harmful code and/or Trojan horses on the Internet;
● Misrepresenting your identity to access the Sites or Services, or misrepresenting your identity in any way while using the Sites or Services or with the aid of the Sites or Services;
● Using the Sites or Services in any way to transmit or distribute any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial email (i.e., spam);
● Using any tools, programs, robotic algorithms or products to automatically download or “spider” the Sites or Services;
● Otherwise using the Sites or Services in violation of any applicable laws;
● Using the Sites or Services to resell, remarket, repackage or redistribute any portion of the Services or offer these Services to others.
AASHTO may and will terminate your access credentials (in other words, any user IDs, user names, passwords, etc.) to the Sites or Services immediately if, in its sole discretion, AASHTO believes that your conduct fails to conform to these TOU or any other applicable agreement, terms, or conditions. Without limiting the foregoing, if you use or attempt to use the Sites or Services for any purposes other than the purposes intended or contemplated as acceptable by AASHTO (including without limitation by tampering, hacking, modifying or otherwise corrupting the security or functionality of the Sites or Services), you may also be subject to civil and criminal liability.