January 1, 2019
AASHTO respects our users’ right to privacy online. We hold your detailed user information in confidence.
- Asking for your information: We will sometimes ask users for personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address, occupation and other details. Providing us your information will help us offer improved products and services. When you choose to give personal information to us over the Internet that we may request, we will endeavor to inform you how we will use the information. When we ask for personal information for any reason, we will provide a link to this policy statement to make our intentions clear.
- Personal Information Privacy: AASHTO will take appropriate steps to keep your personal information confidential. Those steps include limiting access to user information databases, communicating this policy statement to all AASHTO employees and contractors, and establishing and enforcing penalties for violating this statement. When we contract with another company to market or advertise products or services for us, we will insist on binding agreements from those companies protecting our user information. We will vigorously enforce all privacy agreements we have with other companies. We will communicate with users via e-mail or other online delivery devices only if the user agrees to receive those communications. Users, who believe they are receiving our communications in error or no longer desire to receive them, should inform us and we will remove those users’ names from our mailing lists.
- Order Information Privacy and Credit Card Security: We currently use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to safeguard your information, including your credit card number, during online transactions. None of the people, who have made purchases through AASHTO web site using SSL, have reported to us fraudulent use of their credit card as a result of their online order. We believe SSL to be a very safe encryption method, but we are always looking for even more secure encryption methods to safeguard information sent online. Our server will run detection software to help ensure you are using a secure browser and your information is secure when you check out. If our browser determines you are not using a secure browser, a message will appear at checkout. For your protection, never put your credit card number or other sensitive information in unencrypted e-mail. In the extremely unlikely event that we ever do suspect a user’s credit card number has been intercepted, we will immediately notify the user.
- Cookies: AASHTO currently uses “cookies” on our site. Our cookies tag each visitor’s browser with a random, unique number. The cookie simply assigns a number and does not disclose any personal information about the person using the browser. These cookies are used to validate access to private areas on our site.
- Contact Us: if you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with AASHTO, please contact David Dubov at email@example.com.